54/2015 Executive Management Council(EMC) Meeting
MEDIU’s CEO; Prof. Dr. Mohammad Khalifa Al-Tamimi chaired the 54th Executive Management Council (EMC) meeting on Thursday, 12 November 2015. The meeting was attended by Deputy CEO’s from all respective departments as well as executive management level. Various agenda were being addressed and discoursed in the meeting.
The EMC has agreed and approved on the matter as follow:
- To approve on the recommendation to solve the issue of university’s alumni students who want to continue their studies with following procedures:
- Transfer the visa data of the student from the old to the new account (VDT).
- The visa doesn’t need to be cancel while waiting for approval of the new application.
- University bond and any other extra amount are to be transferred from the old to the new account after the settlement of all outstanding balance.
- No payment is needed for the new bond, as the bond is to remain in the old account until the approval is received
- To approve on the recommendation to update the issue of renewing the visa of the students with the following procedures:
- Generate an invoice of RM320 for visa renewal service charges.
- Student to provide bank draft of RM640.00 payable to EMGS and to deposit the remaining balance of the renewal RM320 into his/her virtual account for MEDIU service charges.
- Student need to fulfil the above procedures before the ‘ISU’ can start processing the visa renewal.
- Decision will take effect from 1st December 2015.
- To approve on the recommendation on withdrawal cases as follows:
- Upon student request – processing fees excluding sticker fees and administration fees will not be refunded.
- Upon university request – processing fees excluding sticker fees and administration fees will be refunded.
- To include this matter in the applicant guide book and offer letter.
- To accept foreign students who apply for admission in OC mode to OL mode while waiting for the visa approval by EMGS. After approval, the mode of study will be alter back to OC.